Nox App Player is one of the most widely used Android emulators presently. As you may probably already know, an Android emulator is an app or tool that lets you use all the Android apps on your computer including PC, Mac and Linux. It replicates the Android ecosystem and gives you access to the vast world of Android OS.
Nox App Player became very popular rather very quickly even when BlueStacks was already there. Nox promised to be lightweight and easy to use and it delivered on its promises. You can run just about any Android app you like on Nox. It is great for the casual users who would like to use their keyboard and mouse with the Android apps. It is also perfect for the developers who could test their apps before rolling it out to the public. In this article we learn how to install Nox App Player on Windows PC and Mac computers. We also learn the difference between Nox Emulator and BlueStacks. Keep reading!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD NOX APP PLAYER ON WINDOWS
Getting Nox App Player for PC running Windows is quite easy. I will take you through the step by step guide to help you with the installation process. This method works for Nox App Player for Windows 10 and other versions. Just select the appropriate version while downloading the installer file.
Let’s get started.
Nox App Player 6 Download
The first thing we need to do is download Nox App Player installer file. It is the EXE file and you can download it easy following the steps below:
- Open any web browser and access and click on the Download button for Nox Player for Windows
- Select the location where you wish to save the file on the hard disk.
- If the file gets saved on its own, you can find it in the Downloads folder later
You have downloaded the Nox App Player installer file from a safe link. You may even scan it with the antivirus to confirm this. This file can be used to install Nox App Player on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7
Install Nox App Player on Windows
Once you have downloaded the EXE installer file, you can install the Nox Android Emulator on Windows PC following the steps below:
- Go to the folder where you saved the installer file of Nox
- Double click the EXE file to start the installation. If you have multiple users on the PC and you want the app to be available to all the users, right click the file and select ‘Run as administrator’
- A warning message will appear asking you to confirm your action. Click ‘Yes’ to continue
- In case any other prompt appears, just give all the necessary permissions to install the app
- Nox App Player installer wizard will appear. Accept the agreement and terms of service and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process
This is exactly how you complete Nox App Player download and installation on your Windows PC. Now, you can use Android apps on your PC or Laptop.
NOX EMULATOR FOR MAC
The good news is that Nox Emulator works on Mac computer as well. In fact, it is also available for Linux platforms. It works just as fine on Mac as it works on a PC. The installation method is also pretty much the same. Instead of downloading the EXE installer, you download the DMG extension file, the standard for Mac operating systems.
We have a separate guide that will take you through the step by step process to download and install Nox App Player for Mac.
Download Nox Player For Mac
NOX EMULATOR VS BLUESTACKS
There are plenty of Android emulators out there. However, the two that are talked about the most are Nox App Player and BlueStacks. Both these emulators go neck and neck when it comes to performance and download. BlueStacks is one of the pioneers of Android emulation technology on computers. However, it seems that it has failed to catch up with the growing demands of advanced emulation. Here is our quick comparison between the two.
- System Performance: As far as impact on the performance of the computer is concerned, I have noticed that Nox is lighter and does not consume as much resources as BlueStacks. When I used BlueStacks the system performance goes down considerably. That’s not the case with Nox Emulator
- App Availability: This is the area where there is very little to choose between the two emulators. Both offer native support to Google Play Store. This means you can download and use any app that is officially available on Play Store. Both these apps also let you easily install the third-party apps from independent APK files or from the third-party app stores
- App Performance: The apps perform much the same on both these emulators. But, Nox Player 6, the latest version seems to be slightly better. When streaming videos on YouTube or other video apps, Nox seemed to be faster and smoother.
- Firmware: This is the aspect where Nox App Player probably will be left behind as it seems. BlueStacks firmware is built upon Android Kitkat, but they have announced the release of an upgraded version which will run on Nougat. The beta version has already been released. Nox Emulator for PC and other platforms still runs on Android 4.4.2 and Android 5.1.1. But, the current version of Nox is good enough for most users.
Final Words on Nox Player 6:
Nox App Player is an advanced Android emulator designed for Windows, Mac and Linux. This tool lets you run any Android app on your computer. Nox Player 6 is relatively newer, as compared to its competitor BlueStacks but largely offers better performance. It is incredibly easy to install and use NOX Player. This has a neat, uncluttered and intuitive interface that allows for ease of use. It supports Google Play Store and all its apps. It also supports third-party apps. I hope you found this guide useful and it helped you get Nox App Player easily.